This summer, the San Francisco SPCA will offer a whole lineup of Summer Animal Camps for kids interested in learning more about animals and the animal welfare community. What better way to spend the summer than making new friends, learning together, playing games and hanging out with amazing animals?
Summer Animal Camps teach kids how to train and care for animals, be responsible pet guardians, align their choices with their values and make our community a safer place for all animals. Campers have hands-on learning opportunities with a variety of animals. And kids aren’t the only ones who have fun; our shelter animals receive some much-needed TLC.
- Weekly sessions from June 4th - August 24th are available for children who will enter grades one through eight in the fall 2018.
- Camp sessions run Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- The fee for each camp session is $440.
- Extended care is available from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM for a flat fee of $90 per child.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for qualified applicants. Please note that each child is eligible to receive financial aid for one session of camp per summer. The deadline for financial aid registrations is May 1.
- Campers receive a take-home keepsake and t-shirt.
- We are unable to accommodate children with severe allergies to animals as they are involved in many of our activities.
- Camp takes place at our Mission Campus, at 243 Alabama St.
- Animal Time- One of the highlights of our day is when the kids spend time with our education animals and adoptable animals. Kids will see up to 3 animals each day, but due to the needs of our animals, we cannot spend more than 2 hours of our day interacting with the animals in small groups of 10-12 children. We will spend the rest of our time learning about animals, playing animal games, singing singing animal songs, doing animal art projects, and reading animal books.
Cancelations and Refunds
Because our staff is working around the clock to ensure your child has the absolute best time possible at camp, we have a strict refund policy once camp begins.
- Please email any cancelation requests to HumaneEducation@sfspca.org
- We cannot make any switches, instead you will need to register for another session and cancel (less the administrative fee) your initial session.
- March 22nd - April 30th a $25 administrative fee will be charged to any cancellations.
- After May 1st a $50 administrative fee will be charged to any cancellations.
- Within 1 week of the start of the program, there will be no refunds for any cancellations or changes (extended care included).
Summer Animal Camp Schedule
Note: we have multiple classes for 2nd and 3rd grade. Please pick the same group as your friends.